Family Support Advisor
Our Family Support Advisor is Tracey Beswick.
Her role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. She can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. She is also available as someone to talk to if needed.
Tracey can meet with you at home or in school at a time that suits you. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to Safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance to the School's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. She may not always have the answers, but hopefully she will be able to help you work out how to find them.
Support for Families includes:
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area.
- Arranging support from food banks and or other charities.
- Making referrals to other agencies such as Continence Services for Children and Young People, Housing, Citizen's Advice or Healthy Minds.
- Liaising with a range of external services such as Housing and School Health.
- Assisting in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, school places and benefits including DLA.
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings.
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home.
- Supporting parents to improve their budgeting and money management.
- Meeting with school staff, pupils and parents to identify problems and possible solutions.
- Helping families to receive all the benefits and help they are entitled to.
- Encouraging parents to make good relationships with the school.
- Making home visits or meeting parents in school or at home to provide ongoing support.
If you would like to meet with Tracey, please call into school to arrange an appointment. Alternatively, you can contact her via email: firstname.lastname@example.org